Other Relevant Details – Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
As Chairman of Drafting Committee and Member of Other Committees of Constituent Assembly
- Advisory Committee (on 24.1.1947).
- Sub-Committee on Fundamental Rights (on 27.2.1947).
- Sub-Committee on Minority Rights (on 27.2.1947).
- Union Constitution Committee (on 30.4.1947).
- Ad-Hoc Committee on Citizenship (on 30.4.1947).
- Ad.-HOC Committee on Art. 15 (3) & 16(4) (on 21-22.4.1947).
- Joint Sub-Committee on ‘June 3 Plan’ considering the cession of certain parts from the Union (on 5.6.1947).
- Joint Sub-Committee on forming Linguistic Provinces (5.6.1947).
- Sub-Committee on the electoral college of the President of India (on 8.6.1947).
- Sub-Committee on the Upper House (on 9.6.1947).
- Flag Committee (on 23.6.1947).
- As Chairman of Sub-Committee to consider the procedure of Amendment to the Constitution (on 30.6.1947).
- Ad-hoc Committee of the Provincial Constitution Committee On Cl. 8 of Part I of The Provincial Constitution (15thJuly 1947).
- Committee to consider and report on the Functions of Constituent Assembly under Indian Independence Act 1947 the adoption of GOI, Act 1935; the Rules and Standing orders of the Legislative Assembly (on 20.8.1947).
- Sub-Committee for considering position of Sikhs & Minority Rights in East Punjab and reservation of seats in Legislatures for minority in West Bengal (on 24.2.1948).
- “Special Committee” to examine the Draft Constitution of February 1948 (on 27.3.1948).
- Special Committee on Official Language (on Nov. 1948).
- Chairman Drafting Committee (on 30th Aug. 1947).
Also worked in :
(i) Union Powers Committee and Provincial Constitution Committee.
(ii) Chairman Select Committee on Hindu Code Bill.
Conferences, Commissions and Committees Worked With
- SouthBrough Committee 1919.
- Royal Commission on Indian Currency and Finance or Hilton Young Commission 1925-26
- Indian Statutory Commission on Simon Commission 1928-29.
- On Education Condition of Depressed Classes of Bombay Province or Starte Committee, 1928-30
- Lothain Committee on Franchise 1932
- Round Table Conferences 1st, 2nd & 3rd 1930-32
- Joint Committee on Indian Constitutional Reforms 1933
- National Defense Council or Defense Advisory Committee 1941
- Linguistic Provinces Commission or Dhar Commission 1948
- First States Reorganization Commission or Syed Fazal Ali Commission 1955
- Mooknayak (voice of the voiceless), January 1920
- Bahiskrut Bharat (Excommunicated India), April 1927
- Samata (Equality), September 1927
- Janta (The People), November 1930-1955
- PraBuddha Bharat (Enlightened India), February 1956
Significant Organizations and Institutions Started
- Bahiskrit Hitkarini Sabha (Depressed Classes Institute) July 1924
- Samta Sainik Dal 1927 (Given All India formal form in 1942)
- Samata Samaj Sangh (League for Equality or Egalitarian Society Organization) September 1927
- Bhartiya Bahiskrit Samaj Siksha Prasarak Mandal (Depressed Classes Education Society) June 1928
- Mumbai Muncipal Kamgar Sangh 1934
- Independent Labour Party August 1936
- Municipal Workers Union, Bombay 1937
- Mahar Dnyati Panchayat Samiti (Mahar Community Association) May 1941
- All India Scheduled Castes Federation July 1942
- Scheduled Castes Improvement Trust, Bombay 1944
- Peoples Education Society, July 1945
- (Siddharth College, Mumbai; Milind Mahavidalaya, Aurangabad)
- Bharat Bhushan Printing Press, January 1946
- Bhartiya Boudha Jansangh, July 1951
- The Buddhist Society of India, May 1955
- Mumbai Ilakha Kanisha Gaokamgar Sangh, July 1955
- Boudhajan Panchayat Samiti, 1956
- Buddha Bhushan Printing Press, February 1956
- Republican Party of India (December 1955 resolved formed postmously in October 1957)
Envisaged Institutions :
- Social Centre, Mumbai
- Institute of Comparative Studies in Cultural History, Philosophy and Religion, and Buddhist Religious Seminary, Banglore
- Political School, Pune
- Knowledge Centre in PES